Fans of Twin Peaks have been chomping at the bit ever since the show’s revival was first announced last year. While they still have a pretty long wait ahead of them (the show’s premiere has been pushed back to 2017), Showtime has slowly begun teasing the cult favorite’s return. The latest teaser doesn’t feature any new footage, but it does give us a brief glimpse at the show’s picturesque setting. And, in standard David Lynch fashion, the ending’s weird. Check it out!
For a show that only last two seasons, David Lynch and Mark Frost’s trippy crime drama has amassed a very vocal and loyal following. Details on the new season are sparse, so far all we really know is that a lot of the original cast is returning. Also, season 3 will allegedly take place in present day, so the 25 years that have passed since the show’s cancellation will factor into the story. Aside from that…we got nothing. Sorry. But again, we’ve still got quite a ways to go before the new season debuts on Showtime. We’re sure to get at least a few more cryptic clues (I mean…it’s David Lynch, people) between now and then.
Twin Peaks debuts on Showtime in 2017.
Make sure to keep checking back for updates – right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Joe Ruggirello (see all)
- Original ‘Ghostbusters’ Headed Back to the Big Screen - April 30, 2016
- John Krasinski Cast as Jack Ryan for Amazon TV - April 30, 2016
- RUMOR CENTRAL: Is James Wan Leaving Aquaman? - April 30, 2016
- Three New Character Posters Released for ‘Ghostbusters’ - April 24, 2016
- ‘Keanu – Kitten Please’ Trailer is Adorably Hilarious - April 23, 2016