Last night marked the first annual PodCRASH Awards!
Held at iO West in Hollywood and filled with hosts from some of the more fun podcasts out there, the PodCRASH Awards (created by Chris Gore, host of PodCRASH with That Chris Gore), can best be described as “Just like the Oscars, except it’s for podcasts! This comedy awards show will honor the best in podcasts, podcasters and podcasting.”
Chris has guested on a LOT of podcasts and on PodCRASH, he plays excerpts from said episodes, adding highlights and his own spin on what went down…with hilarious results.
Besides my taking home a special black Crashie for “Best No Longer Podcasting Podcast” presented in an amazing wooden coffin for my old podcast A Fangirl’s Guide (Gore guested twice), GN’s very own Tory Mell and Isky were on hand to accept the Crashie for Tory and Clare’s “Best Male/Female Duo” win!
Other award recipients included The Naughty Show, AfterBuzz TV, Defective Geeks, Comics On Comics, improv4humans, Film Threat, Popcorn Mafia, Comedy Film Nerds and SO many more!
And as if THAT weren’t awesome enough, winners were allowed to choose the Crashie color of their choice (outside of the aforementioned black ones)! Whether you chose white, silver, or gold – every winner was good to go.
What also made the Crashie special is not only were they constructed with earbuds by Gore himself but each one is hand signed by Gore as well!
This year was tons of fun and I can’t WAIT for next year!!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015