One of 20th Century Fox’s most anticipated 2016 films has to be Deadpool, the first solo outing for Marvel Comics’ highly popular “Merc With a Mouth.” Today, the studio released two versions of the same trailer: one with the MPAA’s “red band” (signifying its appropriateness for restricted audiences only), and one with the “green band” (that’s appropriate for more audiences beyond the target R-rating). See the green band version here:
And, if you’re in a good spot, see the red band version here:
While not quite as humor-oriented as one might think, the film version of Deadpool is clearly aiming to be a very different animal in the wider genre of films based on superhero comics. Much of this, of course, is due to the presence of star Ryan Reynolds, whose association with the part and whose own brand of personal humor seems like a solid match for bringing the character to life in a dedicated film experience. Still, fans of Deadpool who read his comics from month-to-month, or who played his 2013 video game, will see a lot of familiar elements here, brought up to a new level thanks to a multi-million dollar budget and an R-rating.
Deadpool will hit theaters on February 12th, 2016, and will take place in the shared X-Men universe of 20th Century Fox’s alongside other 2016 releases like X-Men: Apocalypse and Gambit. For more on the film as we get closer to its release, keep it locked on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5′ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2′ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015