This week has brought with it the sad news of the passing of yet another legend. We are saddened to say that Alan Rickman has passed away at age 69; surrounded by friends and family after a short battle with cancer, according to CNN.
Best known as Snape from the Harry Potter films and of course the memorable villain Hans Gruber from Die Hard; Rickman had an undeniable talent and an unforgettably unique voice that stood out and quickly set him apart. He was only in Hollywood for two days before snagging the role opposite Bruce Willis in Die Hard.
Rickman had many memorable roles since, including playing the Sheriff of Nottingham in Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves for which he won a BAFTA award for best supporting actor. He also won a Golden Globe for best actor in HBO biopic Rasputin but will mostly be remembered for the roles that didn’t come with awards. Speaking about what his role as Snape meant to the Harry Potter films, his Producer David Heyman told the LA Times:
The shadow that he casts in these films is a huge one, and the emotion he conveys is immeasurable.
The legendary British actor still has roles in upcoming films Alice Through the Looking Glass and Eye in the Sky for fans to look forward to in the coming year. We’ll have more updates here as they come.
Latest posts by Mike Holtz (see all)
- ‘Funny Or Die’ Just Dropped A Movie Starring Johnny Depp as Donald Trump - February 10, 2016
- Get Ready To Play A Little Game: ‘Saw: Legacy’ Is Happening - February 10, 2016
- Johnny Depp To Star In Upcoming Monster Movie Revival ‘The Invisible Man’ - February 10, 2016
- We’re Getting A New Full Length ‘Batman V. Superman’ Trailer Very Soon - February 7, 2016
- The Newest Teaser Trailer For ‘Daredevil Season 2’ Is Here - February 7, 2016