After the disaster that was X-Men Origins: Wolverine, another one-off Wolverine movie didn’t seem like such a great idea. But little by little, the project started shaping up: it’s based on Chris Claremont and Frank Miller’s successful comic arc from 1982, 3:10 to Yuma director James Mangold is on board to direct, and this one takes place after the events of all the other X-Men films so far. This gives Mangold and returning star Hugh Jackman a lot of creative breathing room as to how they’ll tell this story, and since the project was announced, we’ve been cautiously optimistic.
Now, AMC has released the action-packed mini-trailer that played to movie exhibitors at CinemaCon in Las Vegas earlier this year, and if you have any doubts about the movie, maybe this will put them to rest. It’s a wordless trailer, opting to show some of the badass action sequences instead of the story or dialogue, but I recently spoke with Mangold and though I’m not allowed to talk about much of that conversation yet, he assured us that all of the action is earned and motivated by the characters. Instead of just tossing in an action beat here and there, each one of these moments works organically within the story, so we’re hoping that this results in the awesome Wolverine movie that we’ve been wanting ever since Jackman first portrayed the character in Bryan Singer’s original movie. Enough talk – check out the trailer below and let us know what you think in the comments!
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014