Although there were a great many recognizable characters that made appearances in last year’s X-Men: Days of Future Past, the writing and pacing of that film never felt like too much. We saw no less than 19 mutants in that film, some with small fan service cameos, and others that were given proper narrative service. Still, an expansive cast and a solid story can be difficult to have in the same film. Things look like they may progress in that direction of the upcoming X-Men: Apocalypse, as another actor has joined the cast in a major capacity.
Actor Ben Hardy, known primarily for his work on UK soap opera “EastEnders,” has been cast in an unspecified but pivotal role in the film, according to Variety. The film, which reunites the cast younger cast from both 2011’s X-Men: First Class and last year’s Days of Future Past, will deal with the team becoming more fully-formed, will feature the triumvirate of Cyclops, Storm, and Jean Grey joining the team, and will face everyone off against iconic X-Men villain Apocalypse (played by Oscar Isaac).
While we don’t know who Hardy will be playing yet, the original Variety report states that his character is an important one in X-Men lore. Let the debates begin!
X-Men: Apocalypse will be written by Michael Dougherty, Dan Harris, and SImon Kinberg, and directed by Bryan Singer. It’ll be released on May 27th, 2016. For more on Apocalypse as it happens, keep an eye on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015