A new actor has joined the ranks of J.K. Rowling’s wizarding world in a new role for the upcoming film.
According to Deadline, actor Dan Fogler (Fanboys, “Hannibal”) has joined the cast of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, the upcoming spin-off film based in the world of Harry Potter. Fogler is the latest addition to a cast that includes Eddie Redmayne in the lead, along with the likes of Ezra Miller, Katherine Waterston, and Alison Sudol. Fogler, who is a Tony award-winning actor for his role in The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, is likely best known for early comedic roles in films like Fanboys, but has made prominent appearances in TV shows like “The Goldbergs” and “Hannibal,” and has also done voice-over work for films like Horton Hears a Who!, Kung Fu Panda, and Free Birds.
Fogler will play a non-magical person — or “muggle” — that Redmayne’s Newt Scamander character befriends while on his journey through New York. The film will take place roughly seventy years before the events of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s/Philosopher’s Stone, and is expected to expand the history and scale of the world established first by J.K. Rowling’s novels, and later the Warner Bros. film series starring Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, and Emma Watson.
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them will be directed by Potter franchise veteran David Yates, from a script by Rowling. It’s scheduled to be released in theaters on November 18th, 2016. For more on the film as it continues to take shape, keep your eyes peeled to GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015