Marvel has cast one of Matt Murdock’s most popular supporting characters for the upcoming second season of their hit Netflix series.
According to Deadline, actress Élodie Yung — who played Jinx in G.I. Joe: Retaliation and who also appeared in 2011’s The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo — has been cast as Elektra Natchios in the upcoming second season of Daredevil, the Netflix series which premiered its first season in April to rave reviews. Originaly created by writer/artist Frank Miller during his seminal run on the ongoing Daredevil comics title in the 1980s, Elektra is a ninja assassin who has a tie to Matt Murdock’s past, an, at one point, dated Matt Murdock while both were attending Columbia University in New York. After the death of her father, Elektra joined the assassin order known as the Hand, and became one of their most deadly devotees.
One episode of Netflix’s “Daredevil” briefly alluded to Elektra, but she was not specifically named and no other allusion to her is made on the show. The casting of Yung signifies the second major Marvel character casting on the series for its second season, as it was announced earlier this year that actor Jon Bernthal (“The Walking Dead,” Fury) would be portraying Frank Castle/the Punisher in the season as well.
“Daredevil” season two is expected to debut on Netflix in Spring of 2016. For more on the show as it develops, keep it locked on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015