Considering the crazy creative process behind it, there’s no reason that Ant-Man should have been as good as it was. After losing its original co-writer and director in Edgar Wright, the film went through a number of potential directors before finally signing with Peyton Reed at the helm. One of the filmmakers originally up for the directing job though, who then went on to perform rewrites on the script was The Big Short‘s Adam McKay.
While recently speaking with Nerdist primarily about the Oscar nominations he’s received for The Big Short, McKay confirmed that he has been speaking with Marvel about the film and will be involved in the script after all, even if he’s not entirely sure of what stage he’ll come on board:
“We’ve been talking to Marvel actually. We just talked to them the other day, and it looks like I will be involved. I don’t know if it’s gonna be right from page one. But it looks like I will definitely be involved. There you go. There’s a little headline for the fanboys!”
There’s never been much info regarding how much of the final Ant-Man film was based on the ideas originally introduced by Edgar Wright, and how much was changed after the rewrites from McKay and co., so it will be interesting to see how Ant-Man and the Wasp might differ from its predecessor both stylistically and thematically. With Reed returning at the helm though, as well as a number of its original cast members, hopefully Ant-Man and the Wasp will be able to build on the momentum created by the first film and capitalize on the promise of its premise and lead superhero duo.
Ant-Man and the Wasp is set to hit theatres on July 6th, 2018.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016