After playing Bobbi Morse, aka Mockingbird, in a six-episode arc on Marvel’s “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.,” actress Adrianne Palicki has become the latest to join the cast on a regular basis.
According to Variety, her appearance on the upcoming mid-season premiere will mark the beginning of her more regular appearances on the series as a HYDRA operative that was later revealed to be an agent of the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s Strategic Homeland Intervention Enforcement and Logistics Division. Mockingbird, who has links to the Marvel Comics Universe going back to 1971, has recently been portrayed as a confidant and romantic interest to Avenger Hawkeye, though her iteration on the show has yet to interact with Jeremy Renner’s iteration of Hawkeye as he appeared in the films Thor and The Avengers.
In addition to promoting Palicki to a regular role, the series has also recently cast “The Sopranos” actress Drea de Matteo as Karla Faye Gideon, and Blade Runner and “Batlestar Galactica” actor Edward James Olmos as Robert Gonzales.
“Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” returns from its break on March 3rd on ABC. For more on the series and on Marvel Studios as it develops, keep an eye on GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015