If you’ve ever wished Dan Harmon would appear on “The Simpsons,” your wish is about to come awesomely true.
This Sunday, Harmon and Justin Roiland will take over the iconic couch gag as their Adult Swim characters, “Rick And Morty,” bring their “multi-dimensional insanity” to the Simpson home in an extended couch gag to close out their 26th season that has to be seen to be believed.
Creator and executive producer Matt Groening isn’t holding back his happiness for the gag that’ll kick off the season finale. “This couch gag plays like a full-fledged mini-episode. It’s going to be a real treat for fans of “The Simpsons,” fans of Rick and Morty, and fans of animated belching.”
“Rick and Morty” co-creator Justin Roiland is giddy as a schoolgirl. “We are honored and blown away to be a part of The Simpsons. If I could go back in time and tell myself that this would happen, I’d be like ‘No way, Jose!’ I simply can’t believe it. I think we might all be living in some kind of massive computer simulation to be honest. Look up simulation theory. That would explain how this happened.”
You READY? HERE WE GO!!
Holy cow. Can’t WAIT to see how the rest of the episode plays out when the “The Simpsons” season finale airs this Sunday night at 8pm on FOX. “Rick and Morty” returns to Adult Swim this summer.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015