After impressing audiences last year with his turn as Bob “The Mexican” in Quentin Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight, it looks like Demian Bichir is set to join an iconic film franchise, headed by yet another legendary filmmaker behind the scenes. Not to mention an already interesting cast he’s been added to.
THR is reporting that Bichir has officially joined the cast of director Ridley Scott’s Alien: Covenant, which will be the second installment in his Alien prequel trilogy, following 2012′s Prometheus. There’s no word on who Bichir could be playing in the film, although it is possible he could be one of the crew members in the film’s central new group of explorers.
He joins fellow new additions Katherine Waterston and Danny McBride, while Michael Fassbender is set to reprise his Prometheus role as the android, David.
With a cast of mostly new additions to the Alien franchise, Ridley Scott’s newest installment is becoming more and more interesting as it goes on, but not in necessarily a good way as much as it’s a “I don’t really know how this film is going to turn out” sort of way.
The rest of the cast is phenomenal obviously, although that’s a bit of a usual aspect of Scott’s films, even if they don’t manage to live up to their cast’s potential (looking at you The Counselor). After years and years of being a really solid actor in his own right though and usually being the best part of whatever he’s in, it’s refreshing to see Bichir getting the kind of attention he’s long-deserved.
Alien: Covenant is set to hit theatres on October 6th, 2017.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016