As far as I’m concerned, no other TV show in 2017 has quite as much hype and promise surrounding it as American Gods does, the brand new adaptation of Neil Gaiman’s beloved novel on Starz, coming to us from the minds of showrunner Bryan Fuller and Michael Green. Following a gorgeous teaser trailer from San Diego Comic-Con this year as well, it seems like it could be Fuller’s largest show to date in scope, and also his strangest.
Also announced at SDCC this year though, was the addition of Kristin Chenoweth to the show’s immensely talented cast as Easter, reuniting her with Fuller for the first time since their work together on Pushing Daisies.
Today, Fuller has revealed the first official look at Chenoweth as Easter in the upcoming series as well, and it looks just as zany and colorful as you might imagine:
— Bryan Fuller (@BryanFuller) August 24, 2016
In Gaiman’s original novel, Easter is one of the gods, described as being a spirit of peace and love that aids Shadow Moon during a particular low point in the story.
So far, we’ve gotten to see a number of the show’s version of the novel’s deities and it seems like Fuller and Green are remaining as faithful to Gaiman’s original story and descriptions as they can, while also updating some of the characters (like Technical Boy) and bringing their own spin to the characters as well, something Fuller is particularly great at (see Hannibal).
With Easter, she looks like the kind of colorful character practically made for Chenoweth, and I look forward to seeing how she ends up fitting into the show’s story and large cast of characters.
American Gods will premiere in early 2017 on Starz.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016