Paramount Pictures wants to make sure you know that legendary anchorman Ron Burgundy is still kind of a big deal.
Between the release of his autobiography, singing songs for Toronto mayor Rob Ford, selling Dodge Durangos, trying to get the Channel 4 News Team on Mount Rushmore, and participating in a Live Read of the original Anchorman film, Will Ferrell has been front and center of one of the most exhaustive marketing campaigns of the past few years. But he’s not finished yet; in fact, he’s added two more events to Ron Burgundy’s resume.
Screencrush points us to a video of Ferrell as Burgundy joining a local North Dakota news team for a day, where he co-hosts the broadcast with a woman (Veronica Corningstone would be proud). Check out the full 30 minute news piece below:
And though Ron is happy to let fellow newscaster Champ Kind take all the glory when it comes to reporting sports news, that doesn’t mean he can’t make a little of his own. Ferrell provided color commentary at the Tim Horton’s Roar of the Rings Canadian Olympic curling trials, and if you don’t have 30 minutes to watch him read the news, maybe you can spare two minutes for a quick highlight reel of his curling commentary. Thanks to Uproxx for the link:
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues will now arrive in theaters two days earlier than initially planned, so mark your calendars for December 18th, 2013.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014