Do you love Andy Samberg, Jon Snow, professional tennis, and fake documentaries? That’s a very specific set of things to love, but it looks like it’s finally going to pay off for you in one big HBO comedy called 7 Days in Hell. According to Deadline, the movie will be shot in mockumentary style and will star Samberg and “Game of Thrones” star Kit Harington as “fierce tennis rivals in an epic, seven-day match at Wimbledon.”
This project has a killer cast, including Fred Armisen, Lena Dunham, Will Forte, Karen Gillan, Howie Mandel, Soledad O’Brien (playing herself), Michael Sheen, Mary Steenburgen, and June Squibb. Samberg’s character, Aaron Williams, is said to be tennis’ superstar bad boy, while Harington’s Charles Poole is modeled after real-life tennis star Andy Murray (though Poole is also apparently a certified truck driver for some reason). We don’t know exactly who all of the supporting cast members will be playing yet, but Guardians of the Galaxy star Karen Gillan will play a supermodel named Lily who is a childhood friend of Poole’s but made a sex tape with Williams, while Steenburgen will play Poole’s insane mother and Forte will portray a tennis historian.
7 Days in Hell is written by “Girls” scribe Murray Miller and will be directed by Jake Szymanski (“SNL”). As a fan of tennis and all of the people involved with this project, this sounds like it will be totally hilarious and right up my alley. No word yet on a release date, but we’ll keep you posted if we hear anything.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014