That’s right, folks: an Angry Birds movie is on the way. We already knew it had two directors, but now THR reports that the film has scored a huge cast to provide the voices for all of those birds and pigs.
We’re not sure exactly which actor will be providing the voice for which character at this point, but get a load of these names: Jason Sudeikis, Bill Hader, Maya Rudolph and Peter Dinklage will play the leads, and they’ll be joined by a stellar supporting cast comprised of Josh Gad, Danny McBride, Kate McKinnon, Tony Hale, Ike Barinholtz, Hannibal Buress, Keegan-Michael Key, Cristela Alonzo, Jillian Bell and Danielle Brooks, along with Latin musician Romeo Santos, and YouTube stars Smosh (Ian Andrew Hecox and Anthony Padilla). That’s a massive group of people, especially for a movie based on a mobile video game. I still can’t believe this is real.
The first photo from the film has been released, so you can check that out below.
Angry Birds crashes into theaters on July 1st, 2016. Does this cast make you care about the movie now?
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014