To anyone who wants to preserve the purity of your viewing experience going into Star Wars: Episode VII and wants to remain spoiler free: turn back now. With that out of the way, let’s get into this crazy rumor about the next adventure set in a galaxy far, far away.
Latino-Review (who generally has a pretty good track record with scoops) has a new one that will blow away fans of the original trilogy. We’ve already talked about how Darth Vader is going to appear in the new movie, and about how the bad guys are called Inquisitors and we may have even gotten a first look at the main baddie himself. But guess which bad guy is running the show and pulling the strings in Episode VII and Episode VIII? Emperor Palpatine.
Yep, Latino-Review says that the robed villain is the puppet master of the new trilogy. Even though Palpatine appeared to die in Return of the Jedi, Luke survived after going down one of those giant space station tubes, so it’s conceivable (barely – the dude was pretty old at the time) that Palpatine survived the fall as well. Actor Ian McDiarmid reportedly won’t be back to play the Emperor this time around, but LR’s sources say that Palpatine will “100%” be in Ep. VII and VIII. Will he take on another form, perhaps? This next film picks up thirty years after the end of Return of the Jedi, so he’d be REALLY old if it was actually the same physical body. We’ll have to wait and see how this plays out.
What do you think about Palpatine being the big bad of the new trilogy?
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014