If you’ve been watching this season of “Archer,” you’ve likely noticed a major difference from previous seasons: the fine spies at ISIS are no longer spies, but rather drug dealers out to sell a metric tonne (or 2200 pounds) of cocaine (the origin of which is explained in the episode “The Rules Of Extraction”). While some fans have welcomed the newly rebranded “Archer Vice,” others long for the days of espionage and the inevitable f*** ups courtesy of Sterling Archer.
Luckily, that’s what we’re gonna get with the sixth season as writer/creator Adam Reed told Entertainment Weekly, “I think this next season we will sort of unreboot, or whatever – deboot – and get back to the basics of some spy missions.”
But that doesn’t mean things are going entirely back to normal. Lana and her impending motherhood are going to play a large role in the next set of adventures for these characters. “Lana’s going to have a baby, so I see some funny things with getting her co-workers to babysit. I wrote this down the other day: ‘Somebody walks in on Pam [Poovey, ISIS human resources director] chewing up Vienna sausages and then spitting them into the baby’s mouth like a gorilla.’ They’re like, ‘What are you doing?’ And she’s like, ‘This is how I always do it!’”
In the meantime, “Archer” airs Monday nights at 10pm on FX.
I look forward to the team returning to ISIS. What about you? And don’t forget to read our interview with guest star Kenny Loggins if you haven’t already!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015