Last season of Arrow was met with mostly mixed reactions from fans of the show, with many having problems with its often strange sense of logic and strange, completely different tone than the previous three seasons. However, not many of the season’s moments caused quite a divisive reaction than the death of Laurel Lance, who was killed following a run-in with Damien Darhk, with the show’s execution of her passing and funeral being a strong bone of contention with many fans.
It seems like the new season will be focusing heavily on Laurel’s lasting impact on her friends and on Star City though, and it looks like that statue Oliver is trying to get made in her honor, may not be the only time we see Laurel return in the new season.
While appearing at Salt Lake City Comic-Con, Katie Cassidy herself revealed that she will be appearing in the show’s fifth season premiere, titled “Legacy,” and reminded fans that she’s still able to cross over and appear in the other CW DC shows as well, including Legends of Tomorrow and The Flash.
“And coming up, you will see me in the premiere of Arrow, Season 5. Pretty exciting. And I will also be—they announced at Comic Con, which I’m safe to say—across all three shows: Flash, Legends, and Arrow, for this next year. So, I’m excited about that.”
Now, knowing how Arrow has brought back dead characters before, we imagine that Laurel will probably be returning in a flashback of some kind in the upcoming season premiere, and with the episode’s title even called, “Legacy,” it’s entirely possible that Oliver and his friends may be forced to come to terms with what they want their legacy to be, and what they want to be remembered for in the wake of their friend and comrade’s death.
Arrow season 5 will premiere on the CW on October 5th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016