October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, which is an annual campaign to increase awareness of the disease and this year, a 24-year-old professional artist from Mozambique named Maisa Chaves (aka “*Halfy”) has given the traditional campaign a superheroine (and one villain) spin.
And luckily, she’s shared it with the world via her deviantART page.
Utilizing four of the comic book world’s most recognizable ladies, each panel reads “Nobody’s immune to breast cancer. When we talk about breast cancer, there’s no women or superwomen. Everybody has to do the self-examination monthly. Fight with us against the enemy and, when in doubt, talk with your doctor.”
These pics are beautiful but don’t miss the message, be sure to self-examine monthly and if you’re still not sure, see your doctor for a breast examination.
For more about *Halfy and see more of her AMAZING works, head on over to her official page on deviantART!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015