Following his divisive, but gorgeous adaptation of Macbeth last year, director Justin Kurzel has moved on to the blockbuster world this year with the film adaptation of Assassin’s Creed, which after landing Michael Fassbender as its lead years ago, was stuck in development for an unnerving amount of time. Fairly quickly last year though, the cast for the film was finally assembled and the first images began surfacing online.
So far too, the movie is shaping up to be one of the most interesting action films of the year, which means even more in the blockbuster-dominant year that 2016 is looking more and more like. Set for a holiday release close to Rogue One – A Star Wars Story though, it’s going to have to be the best video game adaptation to ever come out of the industry, to have any hope of surviving in the packed holiday season.
Now, two new images from the film have been revealed online (via Los Angeles Times), giving us new looks at the film’s possible parkour sequences and Marion Cotillard’s possible templar character. Check out the images themselves below:
In addition, the report also states that the first trailer for the film is set to be released tomorrow, though no further details were given regarding the platform or time of release.
Along with Fassbender and Cotillard, the film boasts a supporting cast more fitting of an Oscar contender than a standard video game adaptation, including Jeremy Irons, Brendan Gleeson, Michael K. Williams, and more. With a talented, artistic director like Kurzel at the helm as well, I think it’s safe to say that at the very least, Assassin’s Creed will be able to deliver on the kind of breathtaking visuals and action seen in the games themselves. How it manages to balance story, style, and action though, will be the real deciding factor behind the film’s critical success.
Assassin’s Creed is set to hit theatres on December 21st.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016