This is a weird thing to say, but I feel like Joss Whedon’s Avengers: Age of Ultron is one of those movies that’s flying under the radar right now. I’m well aware that The Avengers is the third highest grossing film of all time, and how you probably scoffed when you read that first sentence. But hear me out: with all of the scrutinizing of every aspect of Star Wars, and the fact that we’ve had Captain America: The Winter Soldier and the Ant-Man director debacle already this year, as well as Guardians of the Galaxy coming out in just over a month, talk about the Avengers sequel has been mostly quiet. I expect that to ramp into overdrive during Comic-Con next month, when Whedon will certainly bring the whole gang out in Hall H and probably have some pretty kick-ass footage to show as well.
In the meantime, though, you can get a little Avengers fix by checking out these new set photos from Superhero Hype, which feature Chris Hemsworth’s Thor standing on some sort of tank-like vehicle and smashing away with Mjolnir.
Looks like that’s Whedon in that blue long-sleeved shirt, and those last few photos – which give a good look at the tank object and the surrounding wooded setting – remind me a lot of Return of the Jedi. What do you think?
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014