When Batman comic book fans first learned Bane would be the main villain in The Dark Knight Rises, our eyes went wide and we immediately worried about what terrible things will befall Bruce Wayne in the final chapter in Christopher Nolan’s Batman trilogy. Bane is to Batman what a juggernaut called Doomsday is to Superman: a brand-new Big Bad who came out of nowhere, caused chaos all around, and then delivered the hero his greatest defeat. Bane broke Batman’s back.
“I’ve known you since I lived in the hell of a dark hole thousands of miles from here.
I’ve known you in my dreams. And I escaped from that hell—escaped from my
dreams—for one reason only. To find you—and to break you.”
— Bane (Batman #496, 1993)
Why do we fall?
How bad do you think things are going to get for Batman in The Dark Knight Rises? Will Batman break? Will Batman die?
Latest posts by Superherologist (see all)
- Warehouse 13’s Fourth Season Premieres! - July 24, 2012
- Batmobiles at Comic-Con: How Many Do You Know? - July 18, 2012
- The Dark Knight Rises: Who Lives? Who Dies? Who Falls? - July 18, 2012
- Thursday at Comic-Con: GN Contributor Panels! - July 12, 2012
- Catwomen from Hollywood - July 9, 2012