Warner Bros. Entertainment just released a brand new full length trailer for their upcoming game Batman: Arkham Origins, and if you’re even remotely a fan of DC’s iconic character, this is a must-watch. Instead of featuring gameplay footage, the creators opted instead to essentially create a five minute short film that captures the vibe of the game and gives us a better look at the foes the Caped Crusader will have to face off against this time around.
We get a great extended fight sequence with Deathstroke, the appearance of Deadshot, and a cameo by Black Mask, the villain who is the mastermind behind the entire storyline. Keep in mind this game takes place before the events of Arkham Asylum or Arkham City, so we’ll see a younger, more inexperienced Batman on the prowl (but thankfully still voiced by fan-favorite performer Kevin Conroy from “Batman: The Animated Series”).
With this and the new Tomb Raider reboot that dropped earlier this year, it seems to be all the rage to bring characters back to their early days to tell the tales of how they came to be the people we know. (Though Frank Miller’s Batman: Year One did that for Batman in comics almost thirty years ago, as did Nolan’s Batman Begins on film in 2005.) But man – this trailer is really freaking impressive. Check it out below, and sound off in the comments and let us know what you think!
Batman: Arkham Origins hits stores on October 25th, 2013.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014