After receiving its official R rating a few weeks ago, as well as an unofficial sneak peek video, the first official trailer for DC’s animated adaptation of Batman: The Killing Joke has been released, and well, is it a bad thing that I’m looking more forward to this than practically every one of DC’s live-action films? No? Good. Because I’ve been waiting my entire life to hear Mark Hamill say those iconic words.
The trailer itself is fairly small, but the comic book page-style editing and cuts is pretty fitting for a trailer for The Killing Joke. Hamill and Conroy’s voices as The Dark Knight and the Clown Prince of Crime, in this particular story as well, really stand out.
But enough talking, check out the first trailer below:
Dark, intense, brutal, but above all else, mad. All of the darkness and intensity here might feel out of place, if it was the adaptation of any other comic book story. This time though, it’s The Killing Joke, and honestly, the trailer could have only been Hamill’s Joker saying “One bad day…” and that would have been enough for me. Luckily we got more, and I have a feeling any DC fan out there that’s going to be attending, will have a very fun SDCC this year.
Batman: The Killing Joke will premiere at this year’s San Diego Comic-Con.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016