DC comics fans were delighted when it was revealed that despite being a home video release, there would be theatrical screenings of Batman: The Killing Joke ahead of the film’s DVD and Blu Ray release date. Being hosted by Warner Bros. Home Entertainment and Fathom Events, the screenings were meant to be a one-night-only event that would allow fans to see the R-rated adaptation on the big screen, instead of just on their TVs or computers.
However, it looks like due to popular demand, it won’t just be a one-night-only event after all. Surprise, surprise.
Fathom has announced today that they will be expanding the Killing Joke screenings to two nights now, showing at theatres on both Monday, July 25th and Tuesday, July 26th. The company addressed the expansion with the following:
Due to unprecedented demand, a second date and two additional show times have been added. Participating locations for July 26 are limited and ticketing is being set up continuously so click on the orange “Buy Tickets” button to purchase today. If online ticketing is not available for your location, please check back often or visit the local movie theater box office.
In addition to allowing fans a chance to see the film in a truly immersive way, the screenings will also feature a brief introduction from Mark Hamill himself as well, who will be reprising his role once again as The Joker in the film. A performance that he gave a brief tease of last week at Star Wars Celebration Europe in London.
With more anticipation surrounding it than even some live-action superhero movies have this year, Batman: The Killing Joke will be bringing one of the most controversial and brutal comic book stories of all time to the screen later this year. If you’re lucky enough as well, you might just get to see it in a theatre, rather than just sitting on your couch.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016