Aside from being Captain America and holding up one of the strongest branches of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Chris Evans has been able to build a strong and unique indie career in-between his adventures with the Avengers. After making a noticeable impact as the lead in last year’s sci-fi hit, Snowpiercer, Evans’ directorial debut, Before We Go, is set to be released later this year and will, hopefully, play well into the hearts of hopeless romantics everywhere.
The movie is reminiscent of films by Richard Linklater, and follows a struggling street musician, Nick Vaughan (Evans), and Brooke Dalton (Alice Eve) as he tries to help her make it home from New York City to Boston before her husband does, after she is robbed and misses the 1:30 train.
Check out the first official trailer for the film down below:
“A woman misses the 1:30 train from New York to Boston and a street musician spends the night trying to help her make it back home before her husband does. Throughout the night they learn a lot about one another and eventually find a romance.”
The movie premiered last year at the Toronto International Film Festival, and while it didn’t hit as well as some may have hoped, the film looks fine for what it’s trying to achieve. Evans looks like he has a steady hand as both the film’s director and one of its two leads, and the film should be enough to mark him as a capable directing talent to watch out for in the future.
It doesn’t look like he’ll be making quite the same kind of splash as Ben Affleck with Gone Baby Gone or some of his other fellow actors-turned-directors, but Before We Go looks to be happy being what it is and nothing more. Besides, sometimes it’s nice to sit down and watch a movie that just wants to make you happy for 90 minutes.
Before We Go is now available on iTunes and VOD, and will hit theaters on September 4th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016