Ah, the flannel moth caterpillar (megalopyge opercularis) – a weird looking little guy with the biggest combover you’ve ever seen in the bug world..which is probably why it’s earned the nickname of the biggest combover you’ve ever seen in the human world.
Photographed by Phil Torres during a photography tour of a rainforest in Peru lead by him for Posada Amazonas Rainforest Expeditions, Torres posted the image online and apparently the “He looks like Donald Trump’s hair,” comments flowed like the hair products that keep Trump’s hair in place.
Torres told Daily Mail UK, “We didn’t see the resemblance when we first saw the caterpillar, but looking at the photo, it’s certainly similar to his hair. It was pretty funny, people went mad for the photo comparing it to his toupee. I think if Donald saw it himself, he’d find a reason to come down and check the caterpillar out.”
But you don’t want to pet this thing – Torres warns that the moth’s “hair” is actually made of venomous spines that can cause skin irritation on contact…
‘It’s not the most approachable of caterpillars either- if you touch that thing it would seriously hurt, it has these little hairs that can poke into your skin and release a venom.
So pretty much like when Donald Trump opens his mouth to spout off about politics or something ELSE that’s just as stupid – it can be quite irritating to the skin.
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015