Although the internet seemed to exhibit the signs of a small nuclear explosion when it was revealed that Ben Affleck had been cast as Bruce Wayne/Batman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, some of the “outraged” fans should breathe a little bit easier now: Affleck has earned the endorsement of Dark Knight Trilogy and Interstellar writer-director Christopher Nolan.
In an interview with The Daily Beast while promoting Interstellar (as reported by Batman-On-Film), Nolan was asked about his own involvement in Batman v Superman as well as Affleck’s casting as the Dark Knight. He said,
I’m only involved in that project in an advisory capacity as an executive producer, so I’m not involved in the day-to-day. When they told me that Ben was interested in doing it, I thought, “How thrilling!” This is the guy who just won Best Picture as a director and as an actor, and I thought it would be a great thing that he’d be willing to do this. I think the guy is incredibly talented and I’m very excited to see what Zack and Ben do together.
Nolan’s admiration for Affleck doesn’t seem all that surprising considering the actor-director’s accomplishments in recent years, with films like Gone Baby Gone, The Town, and Argo. Speaking as a massive Batman fan, I think the skills that Affleck exhibited in crafting the world of The Town along with his performance in Argo make it reasonably clear what kind of a Batman he’ll be: basically, a good one.
For more news on Batman v Superman and on Christopher Nolan as it develops, be sure to keep a tab open to GeekNation!
Latest posts by Chris Clow (see all)
- Original ‘Mortal Kombat’ Film Turns 20 Years Old Today - August 18, 2015
- ‘Alien 5’ Production May Be Delayed by ‘Prometheus 2’ - August 18, 2015
- Hugh Jackman Teases Other Comics Characters, Berserker Rage - August 18, 2015
- 343 Industries Responds to Backlash Over No Split-Screen Gameplay in ‘Halo 5: Guardians’ - August 17, 2015
- First Look at ‘Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection’ on PS4 in New Story Trailer - August 17, 2015