Last month, when two-time Academy Award winner Ben Affleck was officially cast as Batman, a vast majority of the world went apes**t; even going as ridiculously far as to create petitions having him removed from the role.
When Affleck went on “Late Night With Jimmy Fallon” in promotion of his upcoming film Runner Runner, they talked about being daddies – but with one clever segue, Fallon got to the meat of the supermatter: Affleck as Batman for Zack Snyder’s upcoming Batman vs. Superman film.
“They (Affleck’s kids) gotta be psyched ’cause Daddy’s gonna be Batman now!”
And because Affleck’s a great guy with a pretty huge patience span (Google stories about how many times people will say his last name like the AFLAC duck) and a great sense of humor, he regaled the audience with how he got the role AND how WB studio reps told him to avoid the internet for a few days after the official announcement by showing him some example reactions to other stars’ casting in certain beloved superhero roles.
“I’m a big boy – if I can handle an EMMY snub, I can handle ANYthing.” (A callback joke from earlier in the show.) He told his reps, “I handle sh-t; I’m very tough.”
Then he went to the fanboy/fangirl’s favorite source: the internet…with HILARIOUS results.
Said it before and I’ll say it again…
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015