After making his debut earlier this year, Ben Affleck’s Bruce Wayne/Batman has become one of the central pillars of the DCEU already, after being the most generally beloved part of Batman v Superman. Now, the hype surrounding his and Geoff Johns’ solo Batman film has been steadily growing throughout this year as well, with each new update we get, that it’s surprising to think we still don’t actually have a release date for it.
Following the recent confirmation of Joe Manganiello as Slade Wilson/Deathstroke in the solo film though, Warner Bros. has given a rough estimate of when fans can expect to see the Affleck-directed Batman outing.
At the recent 25th Annual Goldman Sachs Communacopia Conference, Time Warner CEO Jeff Bewkes mentioned that Affleck’s solo film was about eighteen months out from its theatrical release:
“The reboot of Batman with Ben Affleck was a big success. He’s going to be EP on Justice League and that’s helpful to that team.”
“Ben announced a Batman movie [that] he’s going to direct, star, write for – I think it’s a year and a half out. So, the strategy worked.”
The film has always been rumored to be released sometime in the 2018 window possibly, so Bewkes’ comments here seem to stay in line with previous speculation and reports from other outlets over the past several months. With the film’s main villain cast though, and its writers, director, and lead star already assembled as well, it seems like the only real hurdle to getting the film done within that time frame is fitting it into Affleck’s schedule, which in addition to being busy with all of the other DC films, is also probably going to feature a couple non-comic book movies as well.
Until then though, it sounds like the unannounced release date for the film, might not mean as long of a wait as some of us had thought. Thankfully.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016