When the season finale of AMC’s “Breaking Bad” spinoff aired and the smoke cleared, “Better Call Saul” pulled in a total of 5.9 million viewers (3.7 mill in adults aged 18-49 and 3.6 mill ages 25-34) and earned the top spot as cable’s number one new series of the season – according to the Live+3 (live airing plus 3 days) numbers.
“As much as we enjoyed the year-plus gestation period that included friends, fans, critics and even family members telling us not to mess with the legacy of Breaking Bad (one of the most beloved series in television history), this was never anything we took even close to lightly. Happily, the first season of Better Call Saul delivered on every level imaginable thanks to the continued brilliance of, and enjoyable partnership with, Vince Gilligan and Peter Gould.” – Charlie Collier, AMC president
As a fan of the show, these numbers please me; as AMC renewed “Better Call Saul” for a second season before even SEEING the ratings for the premiere episode, I can only hope there’s more great things to come for this series.
Thanks to Deadline for the heads up!
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015