Sad news coming out of Variety as we have just learned that the actor that danced a piano duet with Tom Hanks in the movie Big has passed away at the age of 85.
Big is one of those movies that will forever stay with me. And so will the man that gave MacMillan toys a heart. Robert Loggia played the head of the toy company with such quiet confidence, when I first saw the movie I actually told my mom I wanted him as my ‘second’ dad. He hit me as a performer and as an individual.
The actor passed in his home today his widow Audrey confirmed to Variety. His body of work is, in a word, amazing. We have Scarface and Big as I mentioned – with other roles in some of the most famous movies of all time including Independence Day, An Officer and a Gentleman and Prizzi’s Honor and was nominated for a Supporting Actor Academy Award for 1986′s Jagged Edge.
Rest in peace…
Latest posts by Mark Reilly (see all)
- Charlize Theron in Talks to Join ‘Fast 8’ as Villain - February 9, 2016
- ‘Deadpool 2′ Has Already Been Written - February 9, 2016
- Where’s Dory? New Disney/Pixar Posters Revealed for ‘Finding Dory’ - February 9, 2016
- Ava DuVernay Offered ‘Wrinkle in Time’ & Sci-Fi Thriller Starring Lupita Nyong’o - February 8, 2016
- GALLERY: Artists Re-Imagine ‘Star Wars’ in the Most Amazing Ways - February 8, 2016