During Friday night’s show at New York’s famed Madison Square Garden, Billy Joel did something he’s not really known for and knocks it out of the park. According to Entertainment Weekly, Joel talked with Jimmy Fallon on The Tonight Show about his monthly shows at MSG, saying “I don’t ever want to do the same show twice,” and how he “likes to mix it up at every show.”
And boy, did he EVER.
Last night he was joined on stage by AC/DC frontman Brian Johnson to cover AC/DC’s signature song “You Shook Me All Night Long,” much to the delight of the crowd (who happily jumped out of their seats like they were ON FIRE). If you’ve got a weird look on your face right at this moment, you should probably know Joel’s a HUGE fan of AC/DC and says they’re “maybe the best band I ever saw in my life.”
And thanks to concert attendee/YouTuber SomewhereInJersey75, you’re gonna get to see this amazing duet/audience sing-along!
Okay, so the tempo was a little slower than normal but considering the median age of that crowd, I’d say everyone had a damn good time. I’ve always loved Billy Joel and AC/DC separately and this once-in-a-lifetime duet was pretty dang sweet.
If Angus had been there, it would’ve been – to quote AC/DC – “Balls to the wall, man.”
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015