This year, director Adam Wingard is set to make his return to the big screen with Blair Witch, a long-anticipated follow-up of sorts to the iconic found footage film from the 90s, though we were already looking forward to when it was called The Woods. Considering that Wingard has called it his first real horror movie too (after The Guest and You’re Next), it seems like a fitting sequel to the original film, which not many horror movies are privileged enough to say.
Each trailer for the film just gets scarier and scarier, and today’s latest trailer is no different, offering an extended and more in depth look at the film’s plot, characters, and some of its probably, many scares.
Check out the new trailer below (via Collider):
So yeah, note to self: if you combine Adam Wingard’s technical skills as a filmmaker with the premise and opportunities associated with the Blair Witch property, it looks like you’re going to get something truly, unbelievably horrifying.
Also, as many fans of the original film will know, it’s never ever a good idea to go into an underground space, like one of the characters here is forced to do, so for those of you that can feel claustrophobic easily, you may want to go into Blair Witch with precaution, it seems.
Blair Witch is set to hit theatres on September 16th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016