Well well well. Here we go again.
With high caliber names like Justin Theroux (“The Leftovers”), Jared Leto (Dallas Buyers Club), recent Emmy winner Benedict Cumberbatch, Tom Hardy (The Dark Knight Rises), Johnny Depp, and Joaquin Phoenix thrown in the “Who will play Doctor Strange in the live action movie?” lottery, it seems like the rumor mill isn’t quite done churning out names.
Let’s face it: who WOULDN’T want to play a neurosurgeon turned superhero, as the Sorcerer Supreme, the primary protector of Earth against magical and mystical threats? Not to mention that sometimes things in the rumor mill turn out for good instead of evil…and this is one of those times I’m PRAYING this rumor is true.
According to This Is Infamous, “Boardwalk Empire” star Jack Huston is the latest rumored contestant and I’m more than okay with that. Huston turned in an AMAZING 41-episode run as Richard Darrow (above), the maimed war veteran-turned-hitman with a heart of gold on “Boardwalk Empire” and with recent roles in American Hustle, The Twilight Saga: Eclipse and roles in three upcoming films (including Pride and Prejudice and Zombies), this could be the perfect way to get him into the cinematic universe.
Not to mention he looks A LOT like the good Doctor, no?
As giddy as I am and as much as I want to giggle like a little schoolgirl, I can’t and won’t express any joy until his name has been confirmed.
Since we’re still stuck in Rumorlandia, who would YOU like to see as Doctor Strange?
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015