Robert Zemeckis is set to return to the big screen once again later this year with Allied, the new WWII espionage romance drama starring Marion Cotillard and Brad Pitt. Following the story of an intelligence officer (Pitt) who comes across a French resistance fighter (Cotillard) in 1942 North Africa, and are later reunited in London as the pressures from the ongoing war continue to increasingly weigh on them both.
Based on a true story and written by Steven Knight, one of the most exciting writers in the industry today (Peaky Blinders, Locke, Eastern Promises), the film seems like one of Zemeckis’ most promising of recent memory, after both Flight and The Walk ended up being two of the more forgettable awards films of their respective years.
The first official teaser trailer for Allied was released online during out the teaser trailer below:
Zemeckis is without a doubt, one of the most exciting visual filmmakers of his age, but as of late his projects have begun to feel more and more hollow, so I’m hesitant to really build up expectations for any of his projects nowadays. Both Pitt and Cotillard are capable, awards-calibre actors when they’re given the chance to be, and the kind of romantic tension that can come from this kind of relationship is one that could make this one of the more interesting dramas of the year.
At the very least, it certainly seems like one of the dark horses of this year’s increasingly interesting awards season.
Allied is set to hit theatres on November 23rd.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016