It’s just been a few weeks since Marvel Studios confirmed that Academy Award-winner, Brie Larson, would be playing Carol Danvers/Captain Marvel in their cinematic universe, one of the most highly-speculated casting decisions in MCU history, especially after dozens of actresses names had already been thrown into the mix by fans and conflicting reports. After already thanking fans for their support with the announcement as well, it looks like Larson is already deep into research for the role.
The actress posted a new photo on Twitter today, featuring her in a Captain Marvel zip-up jacket (that I would very much like as well please), reading “Captain Marvel, Vol. 1: Higher, Further, Faster, More,” by Kelly Sue DeConnick and David Lopez.
Check out the tweet below:
— Brie Larson (@brielarson) August 6, 2016
In my opinion, I think Larson as Captain Marvel might be one of the finest and best castings that Marvel has accomplished so far, and considering the prestigious actors they’ve already assembled for a number of their movies – that’s saying something. After emerging as one of the best actresses of her generation over the past few years though, one who’s given some of her best performances in indie films, to see her this legitimately excited to play the role of Captain Marvel, is kind of awesome.
Now, if only we didn’t have to wait two years before we get her standalone movie. Hopefully, like many of the rumors suggest though, we may not have to wait that long before she gets an onscreen introduction. Fingers crossed, at least.
Captain Marvel is set to hit theatres on March 8th, 2019.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016