While this by no means is any type of official studio confirmation, Evil Dead star (and all-around cool dude) Bruce Campbell has now at least personally confirmed his involvement in a sequel to Army of Darkness.
As Comic Book and Film School Rejects report it, Campbell stopped by last weekend’s Wizard World Nashville Comic Con for a panel, where a fan asked him point blank, “Are you going to make a sequel to Army of Darkness?” (Nice job, fan.)
Campbell hemmed and hawed a bit, saying, “The last one was twenty-two years ago. I just haven’t been racing to do it. [Director] Sam Raimi is just a little bit busy making the biggest movies in Hollywood. I used to be busy. Now I’m not. That’s why I’m here.”
But when that same fan pressed him further, telling him how much fans would like to see it, he took the blame off Raimi and placed it on his aging character: “Ash would have to stop occasionally from chasing some deadite to catch his breath. Maybe we could do that, I guess. That would be exciting. Fight in a walker. That would be alright. Hit them with my cane. Fake them out, have a fake heart attack, distract a zombie. I like it…”
And he liked it so much that he finally said, “Alright sir, the answer is yes.” Let’s just hope that Campbell’s “yes” translates to a similar answer from both Raimi and some lucky studio with a big enough boomstick budget.
Latest posts by Kate Erbland (see all)
- Review: ‘Horrible Bosses 2’ Owes Everything to Strong Cast Chemistry, Not Recycled Plot - November 25, 2014
- Review: Haunting ‘Foxcatcher’ Hunts Down the Depths of the American Dream [NYFF] - November 14, 2014
- Review: ‘Big Hero 6’ Is the World’s Most Effective Baymax Delivery System - November 6, 2014
- Review: Miles Teller Pounds His Way Into Stunning, Drumming New Levels in ‘Whiplash’ - October 10, 2014
- Review: Overwrought ‘Maps to the Stars’ Can’t Stay on Course [NYFF] - October 6, 2014