X-Men director Bryan Singer’s heading over to SyFy with a new “monster driven-drama” called “Creature At Bay.”
I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t excited.
According to Deadline, “Creature At Bay” is set in the aftermath of the U.S. Armed Forces vs a giant “Kaiju-like” monster off the Northern California coast, where a middle-management type from the California Emergency Management Agency is sent to a small town to not only spearhead the clean-up of the town itself, but to run damage control as the whole world watches.
John Cabrera, who fans will recognize as Brian Fuller from “Gilmore Girls,” Elliott from “Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip,” or as the award-winning writer of the recent WB web hit “H+” (also produced by Singer) is the chosen one to pen the 90-minute script…and the premise sounds pretty tasty.
One of my favorite musicals is “Into The Woods,” where the first act is where every fairy tale ends like it should with the second act questioning “what happens AFTER the ‘happily ever after?'” so “Creature At Bay” sounds like what I’ve kinda always wanted to know: what happens AFTER the world is saved?
“Creature At Bay” will be produced by Universal Cable Productions with Cabrera sitting as co-executive producer alongside exec producers Singer and Jason Taylor (from Singer’s production company, Bad Hat Harry Productions).
Nothing much else is known at this point but when I know, YOU’LL know! Excited about Singer getting back into the TV game?
Latest posts by Cricket Lee (see all)
- ‘Full House’ Sequel ‘Fuller House’ Reveals a Similar Storyline to the Original Series - July 30, 2015
- “Breaking Bad” Real Estate: Jesse Pinkman’s House Is For Sale! (REALLY!) - July 29, 2015
- Let’s Review: “Behind The Mask: The ‘Batman: Dead End’ Story” - July 27, 2015
- Adult Swim’s “RickAndMortyRickstaverse” Instagram Offers Hours Of Exploration (LITERALLY) - July 24, 2015
- Check Out What Happens When ‘Jurassic Park’ and High Heels Combine - July 23, 2015