So just two weeks after Bryan Singer used Twitter to break the big news of X-Men: Apocalypse’s release date…
…he’s back with some more big X-Men: Apocalypse news. Singer tweeted about a “Late night X-Men Apocalypse story session” which included a photo of him, X-Men: Days of Future Past screenwriter Simon Kinberg and X2: X-Men United screenwriters Mike Dougherty and Dan Harris.
Although there’s still no official word on who will be the credited writer for the screenplay, the level of talent just in on the brainstorming session bodes well for the film. (X2 was excellent, in case you’ve forgotten.) In the tweet Singer also says, “It’s snowing in Egypt!”. Egypt is the birth place of Apocalypse/En Sabah Nur, so there’s that little morsel to salivate over.
There really isn’t much known about the film. Even veteran X-Men stars Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellan appear to be in the dark. Stewart had this to say in an interview with the Wall Street Journal:
“I don’t know if Ian knows anything about this. I know nothing about this. Another X-Men movie has been announced. … Has anyone called you? Are you keeping something from me?”
To which McKellan responded:
“No, I know nothing about it. Which probably means we’re not in it.”
X-men: Apocalypse will hit the big screen May 27, 2016, while X-Men: Days of Future Past will debut May 23, 2014.
Who do you want to see play Apocalypse? Let us know in the comments!
Latest posts by Desi Jedeikin (see all)
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 10 Recap: “The Children” - June 16, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 9 Recap: “The Watchers on the Wall” - June 9, 2014
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 4 Episode 8 Recap: “The Mountain And The Viper” - June 2, 2014
- Adam McKay Probably Won’t Direct ‘Ant-Man’ - June 1, 2014
- James Mangold In Talks To Direct Biopic About Football Star Joe Namath - May 29, 2014