Over the past few weeks, following the initial title announcement, we’ve been on the receiving end of a fairly steady stream of Transformers 5 news. With the confirmation of a returning Megatron as the villain as well, in addition to some strange and frustrating casting announcements as well, it looks like the leader of the Decepticons won’t be the only one getting a bit of a makeover in the new film.
Director Michael Bay has announced on his official website today, that not only will the fan-favorite Autobot, Bumblebee, be returning in The Last Knight, but that the character will also be getting an upgrade once again, with his car-form this time being that of a 2016 custom-built Chevy Camaro.
Check out the image below:
A new upgrade isn’t the only positive thing in Bumblebee’s future either, as it has already been revealed that 2018 will be giving the character his own spin-off film as well, a product of the studio’s writers team established last year. Whether or not the spin-off film will build off of the events in The Last Knight or be its own separate story, will have to wait to be seen, but I think it’s safe to say that Bumblebee will probably be receiving yet another upgrade in the 2018 film as well. It seems like a bit of an accepted thing at this point.
Transformers: The Last Knight is set to hit theatres on June 23rd, 2017.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016