As Ron Burgundy would say, “I’m gonna be honest”: for me, the rest of this year is essentially just a countdown to Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues. Sure, we’ll get a few interesting films in between now and then, but I’ve got my eye on the prize, and that prize is seeing Ron, Champ, Brick, Brian, Veronica, and the rest of the gang (Wes Mantooth, I hope?) head to NYC and tear that place a new one in the sequel to one of my favorite comedies. December 20th is still a long way away, and though there’s an Anchorman exhibit scheduled to open in Washington, D.C. in November, we still need something to help pass the time and make sure we don’t get trapped in a glass case of emotion until the Channel 4 news team assembles once more.
It’s a good thing Cinefix is around, then, because they’ve created an 8-bit video that imagines what Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy would look like if it was an old video game. You’ve seen videos like this before (there’s a really great one for HBO’s “The Wire”), but it’s nice to see our old pals again – even in 8-bit form – before they come to theaters later this year. Check it out below and as always…stay classy.
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014