The airport scene in Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War has been subject to, understandably, quite a bit of love and praise from both critics and fans alike, with many calling it one of (if not the) best things they’ve ever seen in a superhero movie. Ever. Considering it is the trailer moment for the film as well, when all of the heroes of the movie clash with each other, to be received some lovingly must come as welcome news for the film’s creative team.
It looks like, in addition to Evangeline Lilly’s Wasp as well though, the scene itself almost featured the appearance of yet another character from the Marvel Cinematic Universe as well. Ready to be confused probably? Here you go:
Screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely revealed to Mashable that Michael Douglas’ Hank Pym was originally included in the scene, in one of the film’s earlier drafts:
“There was one not very good draft where Hank Pym shows up. I forgot about that. We won’t speculate on what Hank Pym did, but he wasn’t as helpful as he needed to be.”
Yeah, something tells me an elderly Hank Pym might not have been much of a help at the airplane battle, even if it was possibly, only talking to Scott through an earpiece or something. It would have felt like an odd inclusion, and it sounds like McFeely and Markus were well aware of that too. Though, he can still pack a mean punch. I’ll give him that.
Captain America: Civil War is in theatres everywhere now.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016