Captain America: Civil War is set to hit DVD and blu ray in a little less than a month from now, and as you can probably imagine, already details from the blu ray itself and the special features are beginning to surface online. After a recent piece from the film’s novelization revealed a deleted scene between Black Widow and Captain America in the film as well, another brand new scene from the movie has been released online as well (via io9).
While the scene is admittedly, not all that much, it does show us an important step in Baron Zemo’s (Daniel Bruhl) plan that we didn’t actually get to see in the movie itself, and it’s his not-so-chance encounter with Doctor Broussard, who is on his way at the time to prepare for his analyzation of Bucky Barnes.
Check out the small, deleted scene below:
That’s not all though, as the British Board of Film Classification has released several brief descriptions from all of Civil War‘s deleted and extended scenes set to be included on the film’s 3D Collector’s Edition Blu Ray.
The upcoming release will apparently come with four scenes that were cut from the theatrical version of the film, with the longest scene running over four minutes long and focusing entirely on Peggy Carter’s funeral, one of the more important story beats in the movie, which helps to give even more context to Steve’s abnormal emotional state at the time of the central conflict.
The other scene set to be included is the one shown above with Zemo and Broussard, as well as two other scenes called “You Are Not Used to the Truth” and “Gotta Get Me One of Those,” though the final two scenes are notably short and seem to revolve mostly around lines of dialogue.
Coming in with a total of 7 bonus features, Civil War is understandably one of Marvel’s most highly-anticipated blu ray releases to date, and I don’t imagine many fans will wait long to watch the attached behind-the-scenes featurette included with the film, or the audio commentary from The Russo Brothers and screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely.
You can find the full list of bonus features below:
- United We Stand, Divided We Fall – The Making of Captain America: Civil War Part 1 (21:26) & Part 2 (22:18) – As the tension mounts, sides are chosen and lines drawn. Learn more about the characters on each side—from Captain America and Iron Man to the latest recruits. In this complete behind-the-scenes look at a landmark in the Marvel saga, we’ll examine their stories through exclusive footage and interviews and discover just what went into selecting the Super Hero teams, filming the epic action sequences and introducing Black Panther and Spider-Man to the MCU.
- Captain America: The Road to Civil War (3:58) – Explore the First Avenger’s fascinating evolution from loyal soldier to seasoned, conflicted hero who questions authority.
- Iron Man: The Road to Civil War (4:12) – From Gulmira to Sokovia, delve into the development and evolution of one of the most iconic characters in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
- Gag Reel (2:43) – Break the tension of this high-stakes conflict with some hilarious outtakes featuring the lighter side of your favorite Super Heroes.
- Deleted & Extended Scenes – Check out never-before-seen footage that didn’t make the final cut of Captain America: Civil War: Extended Peggy’s Funeral (5:39), Zemo Meets Doctor Broussard (:30), ‘You are not used to the truth’ (:47), ‘Gotta get me one of those’ (:25)
- Audio Commentary – Directors Anthony and Joe Russo and screenwriters Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely deliver scene-by-scene insight and explain the storytelling challenges they faced creating the third installment of the Captain America franchise.
- Open Your Mind: Marvel’s Doctor Strange – Exclusive Sneak Peek (3:49) – Go behind and beyond the scenes as Doctor Strange makes his journey to the big screen.
Captain America: Civil War will be available on Digital HD on September 2nd, before being released on blu ray and DVD on September 13th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016