We know that the team rosters in Captain America: Civil War were subject to change quite a lot in the creative development process of the film, as The Russo Brothers, Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely, and Kevin Feige all tried to decide where each of their available heroes were going to side in the film. One of the movie’s many highlights came from Paul Rudd’s Ant-Man as well, who not only sided with Team Cap, but also ended up being one of their most valuable players as well, with his shocking… GIANT secret power.
As it turns out though, while the Giant-Man reveal was always going to happen in the movie it seems, it looks like Scott Lang wasn’t always going to side with Steve Rogers in the film, with some new concept art showing him fighting Cap himself during that iconic airport sequence.
The new piece come from artist Andy Park, who revealed some early artwork he made for the film, which does indeed depict Giant-Man trying to take down the Star Spangled hero:
— Andy Park (@andyparkart) August 22, 2016
Considering that it was eventually Spider-Man who took Giant-Man down in the film, I have to wonder if this version of the teams was either one of the backups in case they couldn’t get Spidey for the movie, or if there was ever an iteration where Peter Parker sided with Captain America instead.
With all of that being said though, Scott’s allegiance to Cap was set up fairly well in the Ant-Man standalone movie, thanks to his brief interaction/fight with Anthony Mackie’s Falcon in the middle of the film, and in the final moments as well. I can’t imagine Civil War without some of those Ant-Man moments too, including him geeking out meeting Cap or when he shrinks inside of Iron Man’s suit, which is why this was probably one of the studio’s better decisions when it came to the brainstorming process for Civil War.
Captain America: Civil War will be available on Digital HD on September 2nd, before being released on blu ray and DVD on September 13th.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016