I don’t think anyone who has seen the film would say that I’m being hyperbolic by saying the airport battle scene in Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War might honestly be the best thing that I’ve ever seen in a superhero or comic book movie. Bringing all of the film’s major characters together in spectacular fashion, it reaches a crescendo of stellar cinematic proportions.
It sounds like the Russo Brothers were well-aware of the sequence’s potential as well, working especially hard to make sure the splash page moment delivered on all levels for audience members.
While recently appearing at the film’s Los Angeles press conference as well, co-director Joe Russo spoke briefly about the film’s scene, and how they worked to construct it:
“The hardest thing we do is executing the action. The toughest sequence by far in this film, which we just finished about a week or two ago, was the airport sequence. It’s filled with a lot of moving parts, a lot of different characters, you want to move each character forward and make sure we’re not leaving anyone behind. We went well into the post process still re-shaping, re-thinking, and reconfiguring that sequence to make sure it had its maximum storytelling thrust to it.”
Aside from the inclusion of new characters like Spider-Man and Black Panther, the scene manages to not only act as the perfect closer to the film’s second act, but also propels the drama and characters into the conclusion as well. It’s truly something to behold, and for those of you out there that haven’t seen it yet, I only have two words for you: get excited.
Captain America: Civil War will hit theatres in the US on May 6th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016