Some new promo art for Marvel’s Captain America: Civil War has been released online today, further teasing the film’s central conflict between Captain America and Iron Man, in case the last two shots of that Super Bowl trailer weren’t enough for you.
Previewing the film’s two main teams, the promo art looks like a spin on the kind of classic political artwork and propaganda material that the studio has used before with some of their films, and fits perfectly with the political undertones of the Captain America franchise.
Check out the two new images below:
While I would have liked to have seen an actual Team Iron Man poster, the idea of Tony Stark just spray painting over Cap’s face does seem somewhat symbolic considering the two heroes’ relationship in the past few films, and how it will all come to a head here.
Bringing together a majority of the Marvel Cinematic Universe’s already established superheroes and supporting characters, as well as introducing a slew of new, important characters including Chadwick Boseman’s Black Panther, Tom Holland’s Spider-Man, and Daniel Bruhl’s Baron Zemo – Captain America: Civil War will have to accomplish more in a two hour run time than most other Marvel movies have. So far buzz for the film has been overwhelmingly positive, and I guess we’ll just have to wait and see if it ends up being one of Marvel’s biggest achievements, or missed opportunities.
Captain America: Civil War will hit theaters on May 6th.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2’ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016