This, ladies and gentlemen, is the kind of casting decision that dreams are made of.
I’m just going to cut right to it: THR is reporting that Room star and now Academy Award-winner, Brie Larson, is reportedly in talks to star as title character in Marvel Studios’ highly-anticipated film, Captain Marvel. Other notable actresses who have been rumored for the role as well includes Katee Sackhoff, Rebecca Ferguson, and more.
In addition, the report also states that while the film still doesn’t have its director both Niki Caro (Whale Rider) and Jennifer Kent (The Babadook) emerging as front runners for the job. The film will be based on the beloved superhero, from a screenplay by Nicole Perlman and Meg LeFauve.
While its unclear how far into negotiations Larson is for the role, she has reportedly emerged as the number one choice with negotiations possibly underway, which keeps in line with Kevin Feige’s recent comments about a possible casting announcement this summer.
Captain Marvel is set to hit theaters on March 8th, 2019.
Make sure to keep checking back for more updates — right here on GeekNation.
Latest posts by Alex Welch (see all)
- ‘War For the Planet of the Apes’ First Synopsis Released, Footage Premiere Date Announced - September 30, 2016
- ‘Luke Cage’ Star Simone Missick Was Actually Shot While Filming The Netflix Series - September 30, 2016
- First Image of The Justice Society of America in ‘Legends of Tomorrow’ Revealed - September 30, 2016
- Full ‘Murder on the Orient Express’ Remake Cast Includes Daisy Ridley, Michael Pena, and More - September 30, 2016
- Ryan Gosling Announces New ‘Blade Runner 2′ Set Visit Contest Online - September 30, 2016