Who is Cara Delevingne? I’d never heard of her before today, but apparently she’s an “English fashion model, socialite, actress, and singer,” and Latino Review reports that the folks at Warner Bros. are eyeing her for a role in David Ayer’s upcoming Suicide Squad movie. (It’s a slow news day. Give me a break.) Delevingne has only appeared in one movie in her career so far (Anna Karenina), and she has a small part in Joe Wright’s Pan and a large part in Paper Towns (from the team that brought you A Fault in Our Stars) coming up soon.
No confirmation yet on which part she’d play if she’s cast, but there’s some speculation that she could be up for the role of Harley Quinn, the Joker’s accomplice/girlfriend. That character wasn’t in early drafts of the screenplay, but it wouldn’t surprise me if she was added because she’s an iconic character and in a movie full of supervillains, she’d be a great addition to the team. Word is that Ayer (who famously wrote Training Day and wrote and directed Fury, in theaters now) wants to take a pass at the script, so anything is possible at this point. Jesse Eisenberg is reportedly in talks with the brass at WB about reprising his Lex Luthor role from Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice in Suicide Squad, and the idea of seeing Luthor and Quinn team up sounds like it could be just the right amount of fun that the DC movieverse is sorely lacking.
What do you think?
Latest posts by Ben Pearson (see all)
- Amy Adams to Play Janis Joplin in Biopic for Jean-Marc Vallée - November 21, 2014
- Channing Tatum to Make Directorial Debut on ‘Forgive Me, Leonard Peacock’ - November 21, 2014
- Stephen King’s ‘The Stand’ Will Now Be Adapted As Four Movies - November 21, 2014
- Penelope Cruz Joins The Long-Awaited ‘Zoolander 2’ - November 20, 2014
- ‘Better Call Saul’ Gets A Premiere Date & A New Trailer - November 20, 2014